Thursday, May 23, 2013

Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?

Hey there, lovely people. I'm back! See? I haven't forgotten about the blog. I definitely did not forget that it existed until 20 minutes ago, when I remembered my promise to write again soon. Nope. That is for sure not what happened. 

I've been at Telltale for nearly a month now, and it has been freaking awesome so far (it also feels like it's only been about three days.) I'm working on the The Wolf Among Us, which is based on the Fables series of comics by Bill Willingham. 

Wolves love smoking. Bet you didn't know that.
I had read, and very much enjoyed, some of the series before I started at Telltale, so to get to work on this game is really, really cool. The premise is that a bunch of the characters from myths and fairy tales have been exiled from their homeworld and now live in New York in a secret community known as Fabletown. The game follows Bigby Wolf, the sheriff of the Fabletown who had once upon a time been the Big Bad Wolf, terrorizing pigs and red headed girls everywhere. I'm really excited about the game and still in disbelief that I'm actually working on it. If you're curious, you can read a bit more about it here. Go, revel in Bigby's ruggedness.

On top of all that, I get to work with a bunch of awesomely talented people and I get to animate all day AND at lunch I can strike up a conversation about how happy I am that Storm is bringing her mohawk back and everyone knows what I'm talking about. What I'm saying is, my nerdy little heart is full to bursting and I may have inherited my mother's lucky streak after all.

Keep an eye out for more news on the game, because trust me, you're gonna want to play this thing. And check back here soon for more updates from me, probably about Storm's mohawk again. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment