Thursday, January 3, 2013

I'm baaaaack...

Yep.
Class Three has officially started! New year, new class! Boom!

Remember when I said I was gonna post a pic of my face at the start of every term? I wasn't lying, see? I am so excited for this term, ya'll! And for good reason.

I had my first Q&A with Mike Stern and he seems like he's going to be a fantastic mentor! One thing he mentioned in the Q&A that I was particularly excited for was that he is a tough grader. Tough as in an A = you should be working in the industry right now. I've talked about my distaste for kid gloves in the past and I really am glad that Mike doesn't feel the need to sugar coat things for us.

Since I'm in the Class 3 Collaboration Pilot, our syllabus is a bit different than the regular Class 3 curriculum, though we are still getting the same lectures as everybody else. The main difference is the "collaborative" element of the class, meaning that we'll be working on a set of shots that link up with one another, almost liking making a short film. A short film about advanced body mechanics, starring Stewie!

Since we are the first class of AMers to be doing this collaborative curriculum, there will undoubtedly be a few hitches along the way but I am so, so excited to get back in the swing of things and start collaborating my butt off. Keep an eye for my homework post for Week 1, coming up soon! See you then, lovelies.

P.S. - Yesterday I posted up a new interview on Lady Animators with Jennifer Harlow, a DreamWorks animator and CalArts alum who just finished up work on "The Croods"! Click on over and read all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment